Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the insurer?

Axiom Underwriting Agency Ltd products are underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd’s and other UK authorised insurers.

What is the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?

We strongly advised you to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) prior to any European trip. The card holder can benefit from the reciprocal health arrangements in existence between countries within the European Union.

You can also apply online at, by telephoning 0845 606 2030 or by visiting your Post Office.

Pre-existing medical conditions and are they covered?

We determine a pre-existing medical condition as any pre-existing defect, infirmity or condition for which you are receiving regular medical treatment, advice or consultation at the time of affecting the Insurance or at the commencement of a covered trip, whichever is the later.

Most pre-existing medical conditions can be covered, however, some conditions may be subject to the payment of an additional premium or may even be excluded. If this affects you please detail your condition in the medical section of the quote and buy.

Is Pregnancy covered?

Yes, you are covered for childbirth, pregnancy or any related medical complications unless you are travelling within 2 calendar months of the expected date of delivery.

What is an excess and does it affect me?

Under most sections of this insurance, claims will be subject to an excess. This means that you will be responsible for paying part of your claim. The amount you have to pay is the excess and this will be deducted per person under each section to which an excess applies. In the event of us accepting liability for a medical expenses claim which has been reduced by the use of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) we will not apply an excess to your claim.

What is a single article limit?

It is the maximum amount that shall be paid for any single item of property under the Luggage clothing and personal effects section (this is shown in your schedule). A pair or set of articles are deemed to be a single item.

What is the limit to the number of days I can travel abroad on an annual multi-trip policy?

Annual multi-trip insurance covers for trips of up to 60 days in length taking place entirely during the period of insurance (alternatively you could renew your contract and continue into the next period of insurance ensuring a policy is in force at the time of any incident resulting in a claim). Trips exceeding the 60 will NOT be deemed a covered trip.

Are non-United Kingdom residents covered?

Only persons that permanently reside in the United Kingdom are eligible for this insurance.

Are my belongings covered whilst in my car?

Cover for losses of baggage and personal effects from unattended vehicles is limited to £500. Loss of money from unattended vehicles is not covered.

What recreational activities are covered?

Providing you are not participating in competitions and/or sports tours you will be covered for the following activities:

Archery, angling, athletics, badminton, banana boating, baseball, basketball, body boarding, bowls, camping, cricket, croquet, cycling (excluding touring and racing), football, golf, gymnastics, handball, hill walking (not involving ropes/guides), hiking, jet skiing (excluding liability), jogging, marathon running, motor cycling (up to 50cc), mountain biking (excluding stunts/racing), orienteering, netball, parascending (over water only), pony trekking, kayaking, canoeing or white water rafting up to grade 3 (inland waters only and provided under the control of an officially licensed outdoor pursuits organisation), rambling, racquetball, roller skating, rounder’s, rowing (inland waters only), safari (organised excursion with tour operator only), scuba diving up to 30 metres (provided you hold a recognised diving qualification and are accompanied by a fellow certified diver), shooting (excluding hunting), snorkelling/skin diving, skate boarding, softball, squash, surfing, swimming, table tennis, ten pin bowling, tennis, trekking (maximum 3,000m), trampolining, volleyball, water polo, water skiing (excluding jumping), yachting, boating or wind surfing in inland or coastal waters (12 mile limit and excluding liability).

This insurance will not cover you when you take part in any other sport or activity involving physical contact or a high risk of bodily injury. If you are in any doubt as to whether this insurance meets your requirements, please contact us on 0116 240 7766.

Cover can be extended to include certain other activities subject to the payment of an additional premium. This extension is only available if agreed in advance by us and your schedule endorsed accordingly. Please contact us on 0116 240 7766 for a quotation.

Are winter sports activities covered?

This insurance can be extended to cover your participation in the below winters sports activities subject to payment of an additional premium. This is available as an option on the online quote and buy. To confirm the cover is in effect check your schedule.

Dry slope skiing, alpine skiing, glacier skiing, snow skiing, snowboarding, langlauf/Nordic skiing, mono skiing, ski bobbing/ski doo, ice skating, ice hockey, curling and tobogganing, including such activities being undertaken off piste provided such activity is not undertaken alone and/or against local authoritative warning or advice.

Can I insure my partner?

Yes, we consider a partner a being the person with whom you live at the same address and with whom you have a domestic relationship.

Who can be insured under the family cover?

Family cover means you, your husband, wife or partner plus all your unmarried dependant children aged under 19 years at the inception of this Insurance (or under 23 if in full-time education) all permanently residing at the same address in the United Kingdom.

Can children travel independently on annual multi trip policies?

No, this policy only covers children travelling with their own parents insured under this policy.

For the purposes of this insurance, children are deemed to be your unmarried, dependent children aged under 19 years at the inception of the insurance (or under 23 if in full-time education) and who permanently reside with you.

Can I cancel my travel policy?

Upon reception of your documentation you have a period of 14 days, have a right to cancel the Insurance and entitlement to a refund. All refunds will be subject to a charge for the cover period plus our administration charges.

  • Call for new quotes, claims or to buy great value insurance0116 240 7711Weekdays between
    09:00 and 18:00
All Enquiries
Please wait... loading
Please wait... loading